Mission: To encourage business and community connections between members. Serve as the public relations arm of the Chamber. Participate at mixers, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, and special events. If interested in becoming a Chamber Ambassador, please contact Christy Coe at (805) 484-4383, ext. 4.
Meetings: 2nd Thursday of each month, 12:00 noon
Community Nonprofit Committee
Mission: Open to all representatives of all Chamber member non-profit organizations, this committee develops programs and events toward the education and development of community non-profit organizations.
Meetings: 4th Tuesday of each month, 8:00 am
Committee Chair: Niki Richardson, Arbonne International Independent Consultant
Economic Development Committee
Mission: To encourage a strong, healthy economy in the City of Camarillo and surrounding areas consistent with an excellent quality of life for the community in cooperation with the City government and other Camarillo Chamber committees. Whether the goal is attracting visitors, encouraging the growth of jobs or pointing the way for a growing CSU Channel Islands University student body and faculty, the Economic Development Committee works proactively with the City to:
- Provide demographic information and referrals.
- Assist business relocation.
- Develop special programs to help new businesses become integrated into the community.
- Produce the annual Economic Outlook Luncheon and specially developed seminars and workshops to deal with important current issues.
- Produce economic analyses of Camarillo.
- Conduct annual Camarillo Business Survey.
- Manage a business retention and expansion program.
- Analyzes proposed business and community-related federal, state and local legislation and makes recommendations to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Help determine Chamber policy on issues important to business
- Hosts the annual Business & Legislators Forum, the State of The City Luncheon, and other Legislative Series events
- Coordinates annual Sacramento Legislative Day trip
Meetings: 1st Tuesday of each month, 8:00 am
Mission: The Camarillo Chamber of Commerce Education Committee’s mission is to promote and enhance a positive working relationship between the business and education communities for the benefit of Camarillo children who represent our future. The Education Committee does this through various programs, the longest of which is the Educator of the Month program in which the Chamber and the business community honor outstanding educators with an award. Educators are nominated by their peers and winners are chosen by a selection committee.
Meetings: 2nd Tuesday each month, 8:00 am
Latinos In Business
Mission: To provide education, mentorship, and networking in order to create a bridge amongst our Camarillo Chamber members and our local Hispanic Market.
Meetings: 1st Wednesday of each month, 9:00 am
Committee Chair: Marilyn Peake,
Ventura County Credit Union
Top Ten Committee
Mission: Plan and coordinate the annual community awards program that recognizes organizations and individuals whose deeds and actions have contributed to the betterment of Camarillo. If you’re interested in joining this committee, please contact the Chamber office at (805) 484-4383.
Meetings: 2nd Monday each month, 4:00 pm, starting in September
Women In Business Committee
Mission: Dedicated to empowering women to thrive professionally and personally, and creating opportunities for women to work together and build relationships that will improve the economic vitality and quality of life in Camarillo and support the mission of the Camarillo Chamber.
Meetings: Second Monday each month, 5:15 pm
Young Professionals Group
Mission: To empower young professionals to take an active role in establishing a thriving business community through education and mentorship.
Meetings: Third Thursdays of each month, 4:00pm
Committee Chair: Lucas K Nuttall, NAI Capital